Monday, March 28, 2011

B-Town

Otherwise known as Blanding.  We've been here for almost two months and we still love it.  I am still doing substitute work for the school district (mostly the elementary school) and Clint is still doing lots of translation and ASL jobs.  Some he can do from home (which is awesome) and others he has to travel for.  Gweny loves her preschool and her teachers which she goes to twice a week.  On the days that she doesn't go she and I do projects.  We also try to incorporate "good" tv including PBS and Kipper which are available on NetFlicks. Every Friday (mostly) Clint takes Gweny on a hike with the cousins and I get a little break.  Gweny and I go to the library every week or two to exchange our books.  The book she found on this last trip was "Harold and the Purple Crayon" which is one of my favorites.  It's from the 1950s so imagine my surprise when neither Clint or his mom had heard of it.  We got it yesterday and I've already read it to her four or five times, it's a good thing it's a fun book. :)

I don't have much to share this week.  Things are still pretty much the same.  We have our routine which we stick fairly close to for Gweny.  Clint does grad school mostly at night but occassionally needs to do it while Gweny's awake.  We are looking forward to a trip out to see family this summer for my brother's wedding and hope to do lots of fun mini-trips in the surrounding area.  We are experimenting with Gwen's hair and are putting cute braids in it today for church.  Life is pretty good and Gweny keeps us busy. 

No comments: