Monday, March 7, 2011

Improving Focus

So how do you keep up with all you want to do?  I haven't figured it out yet but I have figured out what I want to do...I think.  Last Sunday (not yesterday) I gave a talk in sacrament (which I posted) about the Holy Ghost.  I realized how little I truly understood about my own beliefs.  The week before during sacrament I prayed that I would know what to study and then the Bishop asked us to speak and then this past week I realized that I want to study, in depth, the beliefs of my church.  As I pondered this I wondered how to start.  Obviously I will continue an in depth study of the Holy Ghost but where to after that?  I fell asleep on Saturday night thinking about the book "The Articles of Faith" written by James Talmage and woke up thinking about it as well.  So I figured that's a good place to start.  There are thirteen articles of faith which point out our basic beliefs.  If I concentrate on one article each month I will be done in a little over one year...or maybe fifty. :) 

That was the first thing.  The next thing I want to do is put together a book for those who have had Gastric Bypass that includes recipes for each stage of their post-op recovery.  During the last year that has been something I've struggled with. I've gotten bored with food and so branched out into things I shouldn't eat.  If I'd had something like that I think I could have stayed on track better.  Along these same lines I've decided to join a triathlon group with Clint and Karen. There is a "Try a Tri" in June just after by little brother's wedding that I think I might work toward.  I want to make sure that I had the surgery and am using the tools it gave me to a good purpose (a long and healthy life).

I also want to concentrate on being a good mom and doing things with Gweny that will help her to continue to grow and learn.  I don't think I'm a bad mom or neglectful or anything I just want to be better.  I will probably post some of our projects in my other blog "Underground Stampers" when something fun comes up.  I want to use the time we have in Southeastern Utah to my advantage.  I've already started and hopefully this weekly blog will continue to show my progress in my goals.

If you have fun activities, projects, crafts, books, etc that you want to share please do so.  I need all the help I can get.  Now get out there and celebrate the set of circumstance that is your life!

No comments: