Saturday, February 19, 2011

Adventure is out there!

Yep, we've been watching 'UP' a lot lately but it's so true!  Over the last month we have made some pretty drastic changes in our lives.  We moved to SouthEastern Utah and are living with Clint's mom!  It's amazing how it all happened.  One thing just lead to another and we felt that this was the best thing for our family.  We are enjoying our time here and have been kept busy by unpacking, organizing, completing several projects for his mom around the house, potty training Gweny, taking her to Pre-School at the Elementary school, and substitute teaching for the school district. 

Small town life is quite a bit different than living in the Orem-Provo area.  There's no traffic or pollution.  It takes five minutes or less to get anywhere in town.  We have family almost right next door (just around the corner) right next to the cutest library ever.  You can see the sunrise when it's supposed to and not later - no mountains to block it.  There is one mountain and tons of canyons.  Gweny gets to go to the playground several times a week, she goes to preschool twice a week, and she is now officially potty trained (at least during the day). 

Overall life is really good.  I don't miss Wal-Mart or Target or all the other distractions.  It's nice to be able to read and write almost whenever I want.  I love having Clint around and will miss him when his interpreting gigs start to pick up.  To be honest I do miss my friends a lot.  That has been the hardest thing for me but I know that this will get better as I put myself out there.  I've met a lot of people through subbing and church so it's only a matter of time right?  Due to other circumstances I'm no longer a demonstrator for Stampin Up! but will occasionally post to that blog.  Instead I've decided to have a blog about something that I'm passionate about:  books.  Be on the lookout for that. :)

No comments: